Energy Production & Supply
Energy generation, energy storage, energy use and energy transport are the main technology issues in the energy industry. This is also true for nuclear power plants. Producers want to achieve high yields of usable energy in the most efficient, economical and environmentally friendly ways. In many applications, in the production of individual components as well as in energy generation itself, water is an instrumental ingredient. In silicon processing, wastewater can contain a wide variety of substances such as acids, PEGs or fluorides. Energy production from biomass creates wastewater containing solids and organic compounds. Due to strict regulations, these types of wastewater must not be led into sewage without a prior treatment .
Whatever substances your wastewater contains, we offer you a customized solution to efficiently treat and clean it. The cleaned water can be re-introduced into your production process, significantly reducing your water consumption and your operating costs.
Wastewater treatment & disposal prevention
- The production wastewater is examined thoroughly. For any identified substance we will select a suitable pre- and/or post-treatment process.
- In the pre-treatment step, solids are separated out, amounts of fluoride and similar substances are minimised, ammonium is removed, the water is neutralised.
- In the pre-treatment step, solids are separated out, amounts of fluoride and similar substances are minimised, ammonium is removed, the water is neutralised. During evaporation, the KMU LOFT vacuum evaporator processes the pretreated wastewater to produce a high-quality condensate (distillate).
- In the post-treatment step, any remaining free oil phases are removed via coalescence separation, organic substances are reduced via ultrafiltration, and the distillate can be further sterilised and disinfected.
- The produced distillate can then be re-used the process cycle.
- The very small amount of residual concentrate is disposed of externally.
- Up to 98% water savings
- Consistent distillate quality
- High process reliability and high operational safety
- Very high level of automation
- Lower energy and operating costs
- Significantly lower amounts of residual for disposal
Our KMU LOFT commitment to you
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
and benefit from exclusive offers and promotions.