Surface technology optimises parts and tools to meet specific requirements.
Processes used in surface technology:
- Chemical pre-treatment of surfaces, e.g. cleaning, degreasing, etching
- Mechanical surface treatment, e.g. grinding, polishing
- Surface coating, e.g. painting, powder coating
Water is an essential ingredient in many of these processes, for example in pre-treatment. As a consequence, water can contain a wide variety of substances after completion of the respective processes.
Typical types of wastewater in surface technology:
Cleaning water, rinsing and chemical baths, water from galvanic metal deposition (e.g. chromium plating), wastewater from various surface processes.
Usually, manufacturers have to dispose of these wastewaters at significant cost.
KMU LOFT evaporator technology cleans process wastewater and produces up to 98% reusable distillate. You can re-introduce this distillate into your industrial processes for efficient re-use. KMU LOFT develops fully integrated customized plants designed to meet your individual process and process water requirements.
Wastewater treatment & disposal prevention
- The production wastewater is collected in a wastewater receiving tank.
- In a pre-treatment step, solids are separated resp. chemical substances are eliminated from the wastewater in efficient chemical or physical processes.
- In the evaporation step the wastewater is processed into high-quality distillate.
- In post-treatment, substances like organic materials can be removed by means of disinfection, the distillate can be neutralised, and conductivity can be reduced.
- The high-quality distillate is returned to the production cycle.
- The very small amount of residual concentrate is disposed of externally.
- Up to 98% water savings
- Very high level of automation
- Consistent distillate quality
- High process reliability and high operational safety
- Lower energy and operating costs
- Significantly lower amounts of residual for disposal
Our KMU LOFT commitment to you
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
and benefit from exclusive offers and promotions.